The OneStorm team has finished posting on the Hurricane Ike Resources site for now, however we offer the following resources to help you, your families, and communities recover from the devastation Hurricane Ike has caused:
- Louisiana residents can find up-to-date news releases at the “EMERGENCY.louisiana.gov” state site. Here you will find information on topics like school closures, points of distribution, and food stamp application sites. Your local parish’s web site may also have important relief information.
- Texas residents please check your local city, town, or county’s web site for relief information. Local media will also have information on recovery. KHOU.com is a great source of info for the Houston area, and so is the Houston Chronicle. Galveston area residents can find updates on the Guidry News site.
- Texas residents can find out more about FEMA disaster assistance by clicking here.
- Louisiana residents can find out more about FEMA disaster assistance by clicking here.
- For those of you trying to locate friends and relatives who were impacted by Hurricane Ike, please search the Red Cross’s Safe and Well List.
- For information on general post-disaster recovery issues, like coping with disaster or cleaning up after a flood, please visit us at OneStorm to view hundreds of free, printable, easy-to-read articles.
- If you still cannot find the information you are looking for, you may e-mail me at Heidi@onestorm.org
Please be safe during the clean-up process, and we wish you the best during this very difficult time.
-The OneStorm Team